Welcome to The Pixel Project’s Fathers for Pixels programme!
We designed this programme to provide online platforms for dads worldwide who support preventing and stopping violence against women (VAW) to share their ideas, opinions and solutions for the issue.
We believe that dads can and should be a key part of the movement to end VAW and the campaigns, initiatives, and activities under this programme are specifically created to:
- Acknowledge the vital role dads play in families, cultures and communities worldwide.
- Showcase good men from different walks of life who are fabulous positive non-violent male role models.
Fathers For Pixels began life as a single campaign – the annual 30 For 30 Father’s Day interview series which honours Father’s Day every June with a marathon blogging campaign that gets 30 fathers from around the world to complete a mini written interview comprising 3 questions about the joys of being a Dad and how Dads can help prevent and stop violence against women in positive ways. These 30 interviews were published throughout the month of June with one interview featured per day on our blog. Over 150 dads from across the world took part during this initial phase.
Then in 2020, we decided to make Fathers For Pixels a multi-pronged programme as part as growing with the changes in online communities and technological advances:
- We started our first Fathers For Pixels YouTube livestream series featuring dads and experts worldwide discussing topics ranging from parenting to role-modeling to tackling sexism, misogyny, and VAW.
- The 30 For 30 interview series became the “Voices of Dads Against VAW” series that was open for submissions year-round as well to make it more accessible for dads to join in whenever they can.
Why say “Dads”?
We say “Dads” because any man can become a father but it takes a great man to take on the awesome responsibility of being a Dad who is a positive non-violent, non-sexist male role model for the young people he raises and mentors!
Conventional wisdom says that Dads are the biological fathers of the kids and young people whom they raise. However, we recognise that Dads come in many shapes and sizes. For many people, the Dad in their life could be their:
- Adopted father
- Much-older brother or male cousin
How Can I and/or my Dad participate in Fathers For Pixels?
If you are a Dad who strongly believes in the cause and/or you have a Dad or husband/brother/cousin/friend (who is a Dad) who supports the cause, please consider participating in our Fathers For Pixels activities and campaigns.
You can begin with taking part in our “Voices of Dads Against VAW” interview which is a 3-question written interview for you to speak up about male role modelling, parenthood, and stopping VAW.
If you’re looking to pick up parenting tips for dads or learning more about dismantling toxic masculinity, you can attend our Fathers For Pixels livestream panels for free via our YouTube channel every June. Just keep an eye out for announcements on our blog.
It’s time to stop violence against women. Together.
* The Pixel Project reserves the right to select interviewees, panellists, and other participants for our Fathers For Pixels programme. Any participant expressing any form of hate and violence (in language or ideas) against any gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, country, nationality, age group, social class etc will not be featured.