The Pixel Project – An Introduction
The Pixel Project is a complete virtual, volunteer-led global 501(c)3 nonprofit organisation whose mission is to raise awareness, funds and volunteer power for the cause to end violence against women through campaigns, initiatives, projects, and programmes at the intersection of social media, new technologies, and popular culture/the Arts.
We are a worldwide coalition of grassroots activists and volunteers who strongly believe that men and women must take a stand together for the right of women and girls to live a life free of gender-based violence. Our team, our allies, and our supporters use the power of the internet to mount a global effort to raise awareness about and hopefully mobilise communities around the world to get involved with ending violence against girls and women.
We work to generate conversation by tearing down taboos and creating safe online spaces to generate discussion about VAW among both men and women. We also run virtual campaigns and projects that challenge expectations and inspire activism by getting the global community actively involved with the cause using social media, pop culture and the Arts.
Our vision is for a world where:
- Men and women work together to secure the right of women and girls to a life without violence.
- Violence against women is actively addressed and openly discussed by men and women.
- Men and boys step up to prevent and stop violence against women (VAW).
The Pixel Project was created to:
- Raise awareness, funds and volunteer power for the cause to end Violence Against Women (VAW) using the power of the internet and new technologies.
- Get men and boys on board the cause to work hand-in-hand with women and girls to stop Violence Against Women.
- Generate conversation by tearing down taboos and creating safe online spaces to generate discussion about violence against women among both men and women
- Challenge expectations and inspire activism by getting the global community emotionally engaged and actively involved with the cause using social media, humour, pop culture and other channels.