Violence Against Women – A Primer
Violence against women (VAW) is one of the biggest, most widespread and culturally entrenched human rights violations in the world. If you are new to the cause and don’t know where to begin, it can be intimidating.
In this section, we have put together some introductory primers for you which include some or all of the following information:
- The description of the specific type of VAW.
- Major facts and figures about it.
- Major health and/or social consequences.
- A starter list of further reading.
To navigate to the primer, click on the type of VAW that you wish to learn about:
- An overview of VAW
- Domestic Violence
- Rape and Sexual Violence
- Forced Marriage
- Child Marriage
- Honour Killing
- Female Infanticide
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Obstetric Violence
- Street Harassment
- Human Trafficking
- Violence Against Native/Indigenous/Aboriginal women
- Violence Against Trans Women
We have more primers coming soon and will add them as they are published.