Hello, Science Fiction and Fantasy fans! Award-winning bestselling author Mary Robinette Kowal has very kindly offered to make a generous Read For Pixels donor a minor character in a future book.
This is a rare and unique opportunity and if you are interested in donating to get it, please read the terms & conditions set out by Mary Robinette before you proceed as you will be expected to honour and abide by them.
And now, over to Mary Robinette:
- This is all about supporting The Pixel Project’s “Read for Pixels” campaign in a fun way. I am donating this reward with good cheer, and the donor agrees to accept the reward in the same spirit.
- I, Mary Robinette Kowal, agree to provide the donor who claims this “Read for Pixels” perk the honour of naming a minor character in one of my upcoming books as per specified in the description of this reward.
- The donor may name the character after themselves or name the character in honour of a friend or family member or even just name the character any name they wish.
- The donor agrees that I can use the name they select for the character in my book as well as any of their personal characteristics that I may choose to include as part of bringing the character to life, and they grant that right to me, my publishers, and to whatever edition or form the book may take in the future. The donor also understands that the inclusion of their name and any other characteristic(s) for the character in the story in no way earns them any sort of monetary or other compensation whatsoever.
- If the donor changes their mind about the inclusion of their name for the character in the book, they may notify me in writing. I can only promise they’ll be removed if the notification comes before the book goes to print.
- If it is apparent that the donor is using their donation for evil intentions, I reserve the right to back out of this agreement. Evil intentions include, but are not limited to, the aforementioned request that I am asked to use a person’s name with the intention of causing them embarrassment.
- I am not obligated to show the donor the pages in which the name of the character will appear prior to the publication of the book. If I do so, it will be a courtesy and will not bind me to make any changes requested by the donor.
- I promise to send the donor a form to fill out their choice of character name and it will go on the list of references that I will use when I write one of my future books. The donor will be notified when their name of choice is used.