The Pixel Project invites survivors of violence against women (VAW) to participate in our ongoing Survivor Stories Blog Interview campaign.
The Survivor Stories blog interview campaign was created to:
- Give survivors a safe platform to share their stories and solutions/ideas on how they rebuilt their lives and healed/are healing.
- Give girls and women currently experiencing or have survived the violence ideas and inspiration and hope to escape the violence and know that there is light at the tunnel and there is help out there.
In the first phase of this campaign, we featured an interview with a survivor per day on The Pixel Project’s blog throughout the month of May. Up to 31 survivor stories will be featured and the focus of the interviews would be on how survivors have rebuilt their lives and/or healed from the violence. This format had a set submission deadline.
Starting from 2020, we have increased accessibility to the campaign as follows:
- We will allocate up to 2 Survivor Stories interview slots per month (the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month) on our blog publishing schedule
- The submission deadline will be a rolling one.
- For survivors who do not have Microsoft Word or access to Google Docs, we now also provide an online form that is easy to fill in and submit.
Survivors of any form of violence against women including domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment (including workplace sexual harassment), female genital mutilation, acid attacks, sex trafficking, breast ironing, stalking, online violence against women, bride trafficking/kidnapping, and forced marriage/child marriage, are welcome to participate. Our focus is on male and patriarchal violence against women and girls. We are open to submissions from survivors from any part of the world.
The interview will take the form of filling in a short written interview form in English; then returning it to The Pixel Project together with a personal bio and recent headshot.
Survivor Stories interview sheets are available in 2 formats:
Format #1: Click here to download the interview sheet (Word format)
Format #2: Click here to fill the interview sheet online
Please read and follow all instructions on the interview sheet.
To read previous interviews:
For further information and assistance:
Email The Pixel Project team – email@example.com
If you prefer to share your story anonymously:
You can do so on the How Revealing website project, an online safe space for people to share stories of sexual assault and gender-based violence. Click on the link below to share your experience: