1. Why is The Pixel Project organising an audiobook blog tour in 2023 for the Giving The Devil His Due charity anthology?
The Pixel Project is organising this audiobook blog tour to:
- Use Giving The Devil His Due to start conversations worldwide about violence against women (VAW)
- Raise awareness about VAW during Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April 2023 among book and audiobook fandom communities.
- Spread the word to audiobook fans that the audiobook edition of the anthology is now available.
2. What is the goal of this blog tour?
The goal of this blog tour is to get as many people writing and talking about the anthology and the importance of stopping VAW as possible so that victims and survivors will realise that they are not alone and that help is out there.
3. Who is eligible to join this blog tour?
All book bloggers and vloggers who are interested in supporting women’s human rights and efforts to stop VAW and who review audiobooks are eligible to join this blog tour.
4. I am not a book blogger but I blog about pop culture or run a feminist blog or I am an author who blogs. Can I still take part?
Yes, we also welcome pop culture and feminist bloggers as well as authors who blog and are open to reviewing audiobooks.
5. I am not a traditional blogger. I am a BookTuber/Instagrammer/TikTokker. Can I still take part?
Yes, Booktubers, Instagrammers, TikTokkers, and podcasters are welcome to join the blog tour as long as they are open to reviewing audiobooks.
6. I am a book blogger but I am not based in the U.S. Am I still eligible?
Yes, participants from across the world are welcome to join the blog tour.
7. What is Giving The Devil His Due about?
Giving The Devil His Due showcases stories where The Twilight Zone meets Promising Young Woman as men who abuse and murder women meet their comeuppance in uncanny ways. Edited by Rebecca Brewer, the anthology features sixteen major names and rising stars in Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Horror including Angela Yuriko Smith, Christina Henry, Dana Cameron, Errick Nunnally, Hillary Monahan, Jason Sanford, Kaaron Warren, Kelley Armstrong, Kenesha Williams, Leanna Renee Hieber, Lee Murray, Linda D. Addison, Nicholas Kaufmann, Nisi Shawl, Peter Tieryas, and Stephen Graham Jones.
The book includes resources for victims and survivors of VAW worldwide, making it a valuable tool for getting life-saving information to domestic violence victims still under their abuser’s control or rape survivors who are too ashamed to ask for help.
100% of the net proceeds from the sales of the anthology will go towards supporting The Pixel Project’s anti-violence against women work.
You can learn more about Giving The Devil His Due here.
8. Who are in the cast of narrators for Giving The Devil His Due?
Giving The Devil His Due is read by a cast of twelve of today’s finest audiobook narrators: Alyssa Bresnahan, Brian Nishii, Christina Moore, Cynthia Farrell, Edoardo Ballerini, Erin Moon, Karen Chilton, Kate Forbes, Nancy Wu, Robin Miles, Samuel Roukin, and Stephanie Cozart.
9. How will The Pixel Project help boost the signal for my blog/YouTube channel/Instagram account/TikTok account/podcast if I sign up for the blog tour?
During the blog tour, The Pixel Project will publish a weekly round-up of submitted blog posts and also set up a special page with a collection of links to all submitted blog posts at the end of April. We will highlight these to our 75,000-strong social media communities.
The anthology authors will also boost the signal by sharing them with their readers and fandoms via social media.
10. Will I get paid for publishing/broadcasting my post and/or interview about the anthology?
No. This is because this blog tour is a voluntary event/activity for bloggers, vloggers, podcasters et al to support The Pixel Project’s work and Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
Signing Up for the Blog Tour
1. How do I sign up for the blog tour?
You can sign up for the blog tour via the online sign-up sheet.
2. After I sign up for the blog tour, what happens next?
After we have received your details via the blog tour sign-up sheet, we will get back to you within one (1) week (7 days) to confirm receipt.
When we get back to you, we will provide you with a Giving The Devil His Due audiobook blog tour pack comprising:
- a gift code for downloading the audiobook on Spotify (U.S. bloggers and reviewers only) OR an mp3 format file of the audiobook (for bloggers and reviewers outside the U.S. or who do not have Spotify).
- guidelines for participants
- an anti-VAW information toolkit
- a selection of accompanying book visuals.
3. What is the deadline for signing up for the blog tour?
The deadline for signing up for the blog tour is 11.59pm Pacific (Los Angeles) Time, 10 April 2023.
4. Why does the sign-up sheet require me to select a particular week in April 2022 for publishing my blog post?
We ask that participants choose a specific week in April 2022 so that:
- We will know in advance who we will be including in that week’s weekly blog tour round-up post.
- We will be able to send the participants updates in a timely manner.
5. I don’t have a copy of the audiobook of Giving The Devil His Due. Will you provide me with one?
Yes, we will automatically provide all blog tour participants with a copy of the anthology in the format of the participant’s choice as part of the blog tour pack:
- For U.S. bloggers and reviewers: A Spotify gift code will be provided
- For bloggers and reviewers outside the U.S.: A mp3 file will be provided
1. Must my post be a written blog post?
Book bloggers who sign up for the tour are welcome to participate in their preferred format which may include (and is not limited to):
- A blog review or book spotlight of the anthology
- A YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok review or spotlight about the anthology
- Using the anthology as a starting point for sharing their survivor story
- Using the anthology as a starting point for share their thoughts about stopping sexual harassment/assault and Sexual Assault Awareness Month
2. Is there a required length (number of words or duration) for my post?
No. Just write/record what is comfortable for you.
3. What is the deadline for publishing my blog/social media post?
When you sign up for the blog tour, we ask that you choose one of the four weeks in April to publish your blog post and that you stick to publishing your post that week.
However, life happens so if your blog post is delayed for any reason, you have until the hard deadline of 30 April 2023 to post your review/spotlight/interview regarding the anthology.
4. Must I only publish my blog post during April?
Yes, your blog post/video review/Instagram post/podcast must be published or broadcast during April 2022 because this blog tour is focused on raising awareness about VAW during Sexual Assault Awareness Month through book reviews and social media spotlights featuring Giving The Devil His Due.
5. How do I submit my blog tour post?
We have set up a submission form for participants to upload the link to your blog post/YouTube video/TikTok video/Instagram post/podcast.
The submission link will be available in the blog tour pack guidelines sheet given to all participants.
1. I have a copy of Giving The Devil His Due. Can the authors sign it for me?
A number of the anthology authors are able to sign and send a special limited edition Giving The Devil His Due bookplate to readers who purchase a copy.
To request for one, check out the bookplate initiative page.
3. Where can I learn more about The Pixel Project?
You can learn more about us and the anti-violence against women work that we do at www.thepixelproject.net.
4. I did not know there was such an event as Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Where can I learn more about it?
You can learn more about Sexual Assault Awareness Month here.