To try and encourage maximum participation, we’ve made the entire voting process as easy as possible. We’ve also provided plenty of options to help you spread the word about the campaign. Here’s a summary of how you can vote and inspire your friends to join the fun.
Learn About the Nominees
Sure, you’re a fan of some of these guys, but you can always stand to learn more about them, right? Visit the nominees page to read their bios, with a special emphasis on their charitable work.
Vote and Sign the Petition
If you haven’t voted yet, here’s the link to our main voting page: http://bit.ly/PixelVote.
Once you have registered your vote, be sure to sign the online petition for your favourite actor. The petition is the actual letter that will be sent to the winning nominees, so we need lots of names to ensure maximum impact.
Spread the Word
There are all kinds of fun and easy ways to tell all your friends about the Voters’ Choice campaign. On our Spread the Word page, you’ll find all the tools you need to:
- Show that you’ve voted. Download an “I’ve Voted” button to use on your Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Share the details of the campaign with friends on your blog. We’ve provided a 250-word write-up. All you need to do is copy and paste.
- Donate your status. Just copy and paste our brief status statement into your Facebook, LinkedIn or MySpace profile. Even if you just donate your status for a few hours, you can help get the message out about The Pixel Project and our Voters’ Choice campaign.
- Send word to fansites and fan pages. Post on their walls and write to them to encourage fans to vote. (Hint: Fervent fans are the reason our current poll leader is number 1).
- SMS/text friends and family and get them to vote.
You can also follow the progress of your favourite nominee on his Facebook page:
- Alexander Skarsgard – http://bit.ly/VoteAlexS
- David Tennant – http://bit.ly/VoteDavid
- Hugh Jackman – http://bit.ly/VoteHugh
- Jake Gyllenhaal – http://bit.ly/VoteJake
- Will Smith – http://bit.ly/VoteWill
We want to get at least 20,000 votes per nominee, and we appreciate any help you can provide in promoting our campaign!