And so we, The Pixel Project team, say “Hello!” to the world and welcome to our blog where you’ll be able to follow our progress and to find out more about:
- Our bid to raise US$1 million for Malaysia’s Women’s Aid Organisation (WAO) and the USA’s National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV)
- Our global Web 2.0 campaign to raise awareness about and hopefully mobilise millions to get involved with ending violence against girls and women.
- The Pixel Project’s latest updates and news
- Updates on the life-saving work and upcoming projects by our partners and beneficiaries, WAO and NCADV.
- Our growing list of awareness raising partners including Bright One Communications, Taking IT Global and Walk a Mile in Her Shoes.
- Guest voices from Violence Against Women organisations, activists and campaigners from across the spectrum.
- Resources to help you understand, prevent and take action to stop violence against women
- The different ways you can get involved with the campaign no matter if you only have 10 minutes, 10 hours, 10 days, 10 weeks or 10 months to spare
So once again – Hello! Welcome! And while you’re at it, why not take it all the way and check us out on Facebook where we are currently running our “Tell 10 to Tell 10” campaign to reach 1 million supporters by the time we hit our expected launch date in early 2010… or follow us on Twitter where we already tweet resources including Domestic Violence, Rape and Abuse helplines for different countries, the latest developments in combating violence against women and other related resources.
So get on board and get stuck in – it’s going to be an interesting ride!
Regina Yau – Project Founder and Lead