This is a rare and unique opportunity and if you are interested in donating to get it, please read the terms & conditions set out by Laura Anne before you proceed as you will be expected to honour and abide by them.
And now, over to Laura Anne:
- This is all about supporting The Pixel Project’s “Read for Pixels” campaign in a fun way. I am donating this reward with good cheer, and the donor agrees to accept the reward in the same spirit.
- I, Laura Anne Gilman, agree to provide the donor who claims this “Read for Pixels” perk the honour of naming a minor character in my next book which is set in 1930s America. The donor will be able to choose between being a Suffragette Librarian or an aspiring Railway Robber Baron.
- The donor may name the character after themselves or name the character in honour of a friend or family member or even just name the character any name they wish.
- The donor may submit either their their full name and/or a picture (no nudity) to be used as a minor character in the upcoming novel. The role of the character is yet uncertain so he/she/they may suffer a bloody death or may live on to appear in my future books!
- The donor agrees that I can use the name they select for the character in my book, and they grant that right to me, my publishers, and to whatever edition or form the book may take in the future. The donor also understands that the inclusion of their name for the character in the story in no way earns them any sort of monetary or other compensation whatsoever.
- If the donor changes their mind about the inclusion of their name for the character in the book, they may notify me in writing. I can only promise they’ll be removed if the notification comes before the book goes to print.
- If it is apparent that the donor is using their donation for evil intentions, I reserve the right to back out of this agreement. Evil intentions include, but are not limited to, the aforementioned request that I am asked to use a person’s name with the intention of causing them embarrassment.
- I am not obligated to show the donor the pages in which the name of the character will appear prior to the publication of the book. If I do so, it will be a courtesy and will not bind me to make any changes requested by the donor.
- I promise to send a signed copy of the published book to the donor free of charge to the address they provide. I also have the right to include any additional gifts, such as buttons, wombats, pens, other free books, pocket lint, or magic potions as I see fit.