This is a rare and unique opportunity and if you are interested in donating to get it, please read the terms & conditions set out by Derek before you proceed as you will be expected to honour and abide by them.
And now, over to Derek:
- This is all about supporting The Pixel Project’s “Read for Pixels” campaign in a fun way. I am donating this reward with good cheer, and the donor agrees to accept the reward in the same spirit.
- I, Derek Landy, agree to provide the donor who claims this “Read for Pixels” perk the honour of having his/her/their name bestowed on a minor character that ‘appears, has maybe one line, and then dies stupidly’ in Book 15 of the Skulduggery Pleasant series.
- The donor may choose to submit their name to me or request that I name the character in honour of a friend or family member.
- The donor agrees that I can use the name they select for the character in my book, and they grant that right to me, my publishers, and to whatever edition or form the book may take in the future. The donor also understands that the inclusion of their name for the character in the story in no way earns them any sort of monetary or other compensation whatsoever.
- If the donor changes their mind about the inclusion of their name for the character in the book, they may notify me in writing. I can only promise they will be removed if the notification comes before the book goes to print.
- If it is apparent that the donor is using this gift for evil intentions, I reserve the right to back out of this agreement. Evil intentions include, but are not limited to, the aforementioned request that I am asked to use a person’s name with the intention of causing them embarrassment.
- I am not obligated to show the donor the pages in which the name of the character will appear prior to the publication of the book. If I do so, it will be a courtesy and will not bind me to make any changes requested by the donor.
- I promise to send a signed copy of the published book to the donor free of charge to the U.S. or Ireland address they provide. I also reserve the right to include any additional gifts, such as buttons, pens, other free books, pocket lint, or magic potions as I see fit.