If you have never attended a Google Hangout Live event before, never fear!
Just complete the following steps to register for your YouTube account:
- Launch your Google Chrome browser (Important Note: Google Chrome is recommended because Google Hangouts don’t work as well with other browsers and for certain browsers such as Opera and Safari, they do not work at all sometimes).
- Register for a Gmail account if you do not already have one.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Once you are in your Gmail account, look to the top right-hand corner of the screen. You will see a cluster of 9 tiny squares.
- Click on that cluster and there will be a drop-down menu. Select YouTube (the red play button icon).
- You will be taken to your YouTube homepage.
And that’s it – you should now be ready to view any Google Hangouts on air via YouTube and participate in the live Q&A sessions.
Just go to the direct YouTube link of the Google Hangout event you wish to attend!
Taking part in the live Google Hangout Q&A session
It’s easy peasy once you have a YouTube account:
- Log into your YouTube account at www.youtube.com.
- Go to the Google Hangout event page on YouTube. There will be a chatbox right next to the YouTube screen for you to type questions into.
- Once the moderator has announced that the Q&A session in going to begin, Just type in your questions and hit ‘enter’ and the moderator will read out your question to the author to answer.